Two people have been injured in an accident where a fire extinguisher stored at a godown in Male’ City – had exploded.
The incident took place at the godown in front of the temporary mosque situated in Maafannu Murangu Magu.
A media official from Maldives National Defense Force (MNDF) had detailed to Sun that the godown where the incident had taken place is used to store fire extinguishers and the one that had exploded was an FM-200 cylinder.
A Maldivian and an expatriate were injured in the incident. The expatriate’s foot has been severely crushed in the incident and is currently undergoing treatment at IGMH.
The godown at which the fire extinguisher had exploded is under the monitoring of MNDF and the Police.