1 injured in fire at barbecue in Henveiru home

Damage from a fire during a barbecue at a home in Henveiru district in Male' City on June 13, 2021. (Photo/MNDF)

A fire broke out during a barbecue at a home in Male’ City on Sunday, leaving one person injured.

Maldives National Defense Force (MNDF) said the fire was reported at 11:55 pm this Sunday.

The incident took place during a barbecue on the first floor of Finepark, a residence in Henveiru district.

MNDF said the fire was put out by residents of the home.

The fire resulted in injuries to one person, who is being treated at the ADK Hospital.

The extent of the injuries is unclear at this point.