The Parliament of the Maldives has approved the appointment of non-resident ambassadors from the Maldives to eight different nations, including the state of Palestine.
This is the first time the Maldives has appointed an ambassador to Palestine. The non-resident ambassador appointed to Palestine is the Maldivian ambassador to Saudi Arabia Mohamed Khaleel from G. Uthuruga.
Other non-resident appointments approved today include ambassadors to Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Australia, South Africa, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Austria, Egypt, New Zealand.
The non-resident ambassadors are:
- State of Palestine - Saudi Ambassador, Mohamed Khaleel, G. Uthuruge Aage
- Ukraine - German Ambassador, Ahmed Latheef from H. Seaweed
- Azerbaijan – Indian Ambassador, Dr. Hussain Niyaz from H. Niyaaasa
- Australia and South Africa - Sri Lankan High Commissioner Omar Abdul Razzak from H. Hikifinifenmaage
- Cambodia, Vietnam, and Laos - Thailand Ambassador Mohamed Jinah from M. A. Thibroaz
- Italy, Turkey, and Austria – Permanent Representative to UN Office at Geneva Dr. Asim Ahmed from G. Farukani
- Egypt - UAE Ambassador Aminath Shabeena from H. Misty lodge
- New Zealand – Singapore Ambassador Ibrahim Shaheeb from H. Jeheyvai